Monday, May 10, 2010

Vulnerable Populations



Posting images of the most vulnerable, even with their permission, I always feel like I'm approaching a line where I may be exposing someone who may be hurt despite having consent. Today I had an interesting conversation with a faculty member at SU who works on large scale neighborhood projects who thought it was important that everyone with advantages should be connected to someone vulnerable. One of her many ideas is to design a t-shirt with the logo "Do you know someone vulnerable?" While this was really not such a serious proposal, the idea that it is important for everyone to connect with someone with less advantages and to extend resources to others less fortunate is very serious. I feel strongly that the basis for healing social relations is ultimately based on friendships that transcend boundaries. I'm not sure where this photography project will lead, but for now the connections seem really importanat and they feel really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment