Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The War on Wealth



John says the war on poverty is useless and that what we need is a war on wealth that keeps people wanting so much useless stuff. He aligns himself with the Buddhists. He says he once lived in a gated community and had lots of stuff. Now he wants to redefine the terms of engagement. He wants to reclaim words like bombs and terrorists. He wants to drop "art bombs" on Afghanistan to drive the world in a creative direction. He got his first set of oil paints from someone who was throwing a set out. I captured him in action this week on a drive by art visit. I never know when I'm going to have a free moment, but when I do, I find what he has to say about the world both provocative and insightful. You never know what you are going to find in Syracuse, a guru, an artist, a source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment