Saturday, May 7, 2011

Announcement: two week count down to the show in the laundromat.

So, it's actually going to happen. Somehow I managed to get myself into this rather interesting situation. It all started as a playful conversation with the owner of the laundry about a year ago. Xai and her husband Rath, have agreed to let us take over for a day, have food, show pictures, play music.

 It's just one evening, May 19th from 6:30 to 8:30. There will be food prepared by a Somali woman and a woman from Thailand. There may be music too, but I'm still working out the details with Nana, the African drummer I photographed at Ghanian food store about a year ago. 
I'm done taking pictures. The last free friends and family photo day was two weeks ago. Now I'm busy printing pictures and will be working madly on how to display them for the next week and a half.

It promises to be an interesting event, if only because some of the people at the show may be there trying to do their laundry. Here is the announcement. If you have questions or inquiries, feel free to e-mail me at sarah.averill@gmail.com.

Hope you can come.

No comments:

Post a Comment