Tuesday, April 20, 2010


I have rarely been the subject of anyone's photographs and it always shocks me to see myself inserted in the settings where I am working. Just for the record, I thought I'd include this one, which was taken on my first day out in a house off St Claude, before I got down to the lower 9th. It was, like many of the flood damaged houses, wide open with the sun and wind pouring in. Like in Syracuse, I got told to watch myself and I did. I talked to the surrounding neighbors, called out to ask if anyone was home and then slowly made my way through the place. This house had a little angel stapled to the wall, made from that kind of cut crystal that is meant to make rainbows dance on the walls. The odd things that are left behind, like these curtains, suggest the house was well kept before Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment